Monday, July 9, 2012

My vegan challenge

Hello there,

I am embarking on my first personal challenge and that is to go vegan for one month after signing up to 100things.

So, after adding 46 items to my bucket list, I scrolled down to see where I could start. There were only a couple of things that were within my capabilities and budget right now, so I started with Number 40 – “Go vegan for a month”.

I’m seven days into it and so far really enjoying it.

Again, inspired by Sebastian’s journey, I thought if there were a way I could raise money for charity whilst doing it, I would, but I didn’t know where to start.

The obvious charity for this particular challenge was animal welfare, and being a lover of animals, passionate advocate for animal protection and a former volunteer at RSPCA QLD, it was an easy decision.

I contacted RSPCA QLD who were very helpful and prompt in pointing me in the right direction. They suggested Everyday Hero to set up my campaign. Perfect!

So, one week into my one month challenge I’m not only working toward a personal goal, but I’m raising money for a much-deserving, hard-working charity I am absolutely passionate about.

I am now blogging to accompany the challenge and share what it’s like being an omnivore foodie temporarily living as a vegan.

You can view my 100things list here and you can donate to RSPCA QLD here.

My goal is $1,000.00. I thought I’d keep it realistic for my first crack. Basically if all of my facebook friends donate $5 each – I’ll reach my goal (hint hint/no pressure ;) ).

For those interested I’ll also be keeping a photo diary, sharing recipes and my overall thoughts and experience on my blog.

Thanks for your interest!

Wish me happy Vegananing!

Mon

1 comment:

  1. Hi Monique,
    I only just saw your comment on my blog from a couple of months ago... I'll blame it on technology and a lack of email notification!
    Thanks for your support. Looks like you did a great job for your month of vegan eating too. I've continued to be quite careful about what I eat and I'm feeling the benefits of it.
    How about you, have you kept it up or returned to being an omnivore?

    ReplyDelete